Weigt Lost

On My Way Down...



    
In number's that is. :-) That's right! Even with my over-point start to the week, the scale was still nice to me.  Down another 1.2 pounds! Yes, I know it's just week 2 but it still could have been worse.  I cheated towards the end of the week and peeked at the scale which showed a gain, so I was really surprised when it showed a loss Sunday morning.  It's just water weight I'm sure, but hey - I'll take it!  I've even learned a good lessons this past week.  I've learned I don't have to starve or deprive myself of food I enjoy or a special dinner or desert with someone because I'm on a diet.  I'm not on a diet.  This is about real life and sometimes real life involves yummy greasy carby fattening food that I LOVE.  :-)  It's ALL about portion control and moderation.  Do I indulge every day? No.  I have to be careful though because my oh-so-convincing mind will tempt me to.  It says, "Just a little bite won't hurt.  You still have the points for it."  But if I give in, I'm more likely to choose unhealthy foods, go over points, feel terrible about my choices and see a gain on the scale.  Which results in me quitting all together.  So I'm trying hard from the beginning to be careful and change my thinking pattern.  Not an easy task. 
 I'm positive the time will come when I hit a plateu or just plain want to quit when I'll need to look back at this same post and remind myself it's about the journey and not the end result.  :-)

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Sarah's Journey to After. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.